1. There are over 1.2 billion people in the world accessing the web from a mobile device.
2. 2013 marked the first time in history that smartphones exceeded the number of exports and imports over dumbphones.
3. Sources such as Internet Trends 2013 have stated that Global mobile traffic accounts for 15%.
4. 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience. (Source: Latitude)
5. Numerous sources state that almost half a billion tablets will ship in 2013 - 2014.
6. 25.85% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, and 10.16% are opened on tablets. (Source: Knotice)
Sure these stats are fun to read, but really how applicable are they? Also are users really using smartphones to access websites from their mobile phones or tablets?
The answer is Yes They Are! We actually asked one pizza shop client of ours to send over their Google Analtyics for mobile vs desktop overview. Check these numbers out.
They found almost half of the traffic was coming from mobile searches alone, which is incredible! You can bet we already set them up with a mobile website and mobile app. They are set for the mobile worlds and seeing great returns already.
The final words can be wrapped up in three words, Mobile Is Important. As always, thank you for reading over our latest post and if you found it useful, give us a Google +1 just below.